what happened this week……
- Monday afternoon got back to Edinburgh. Slept the rest of the day, completely broken from Strathpeffer.
- Tuesday workshop, 3 items made.
- Wednesday workshop, 2 items made. 😦 really unmotivated.
- Thursday… being that I have a fair on Saturday I really need to make something!
- Workshop motivational day!
- 12pm Bought a new sheet of white creamy glass to paint on & a moss-green & a streaky brown to border.
- Worked till 6pm painting when the Kiln was full and ready to go. Put the kiln on & went home for food.
- 10pm returned to studio and did second round of painting. Things looking great, best painting yet!
- 1am ready to do second fire, got half way to temperature and ran out of gas.
- Abandoned studio at 2am.
- Friday 7am studio. No gas available till monday. Crisis because I only have 14 items in my stock box.
- 9am moment of clarity, using the small gas bottle from the soldering iron on the old small kiln to do my final fire. Yes, plan!
- Assembly day.
- 10pm Home and asleep.
- 3am. Studio, made 4 items. Box total 20 items, im happy with that & what I made. Some wicked painting happened on Thursday night.
- 5am Box pack and load up the trolley.
- 6.30am train leaves to Dunkeld.
- 8.30 arrived in Dunkeld, fair finished at 5pm.
- Got fortunate lift home to Edinburgh, home for 7pm.
- 8.45pm writing this, so tired!
All again tomorrow…… maybe not a 3am start, I think it’s a 9ish train so semi lie-in.
Photies from the mission. Mostly out of the train window.
- 9.30 Train to Dunkeld, nothing to carry bar laptop so it’s a pleasant journey. Slept well last night.
- 11.20 Arrived at the show.
- Finished at 5pm, someones taking my light box back up north for me & the remainder glass stock so I’ve got a light trolley back to Edinburgh.
- 6.20pm Train …… 1 change in Sterling to a fortunately delayed train that I could catch….
- 9.30 Arrived in the flat, that journey was hellish. 3 hours!!!!
- 9.32 Opened a bottle of Bons Ventos red wine, reward! Put the fire on. Put feet up.
A woman on the train asked me across a very busy carriage what it was i had (in reference to the trolley). I thought she just meant the trolley itself, no “whats attached onto the trolley”?…..
Ahhh “its my table I say, we go on adventures”. This statement may appear slightly crazy to the other passengers. Some guy in a 70’s Tweed number takes a Bamboo table around on trains going on what he calls adventures…….